Table of Contents
Hydration with glycerin: 5 incredible benefits for your hair
Glycerin has been widely used in the formulation of products for hair treatments, since hydration with glycerin has the power to provide soft, shiny and malleable hair. We consulted with the hair therapist and trichologist, Arivalda Oliveira, who spoke more about its benefits. Follow on the article!
What is glycerin in hair for
According to the hair therapist, “glycerin serves to hydrate the hair shaft, as it promotes greater water absorption”. The active has a humectant and emollient content that bring important benefits to the locks.
Check out the main benefits of this asset for your hair, according to the professional:
- Capillary hydration: for being a wetting agent, the active potentiates the effect of hydration on the hair, helps to retain water, aiding in the water replacement in the hair.
- Frizz control: one of the main causes of frizz is due to the drying of the hair, and glycerin is an agent that helps in capillary hydration. Therefore, the component helps to control frizz.
- Curl definition: glycerin is not only a great moisturizer, it also stimulates the definition of curls, leaving them more modeled and with a natural aspect.
- Emollient effect: “Glycerin acts as an emollient that detangles hair more easily and promotes balance”, informs Arivalda.
- Brightness and smoothness: precisely because it is an emollient agent, glycerin helps to retain water in the hair. Resulting in brighter, softer and more malleable hair.
The only harm pointed out by the professional is the use of pure glycerin. It can cause irritation to the scalp or increase the oiliness of the strands. Therefore, it is recommended to use it mixed with water-based products.
What is the correct glycerin to use in hair
According to Arivalda, vegetable glycerin is the most suitable for hair. It is derived from renewable sources and raw materials of plant origin, being considered one of the best agents applied in cosmetic formulations to promote hydration to the hair.
How to hydrate with simple glycerin
With the help of the hair therapist, we will teach you the step-by-step of simple hydration to boost your hair. Follow below:
- Wash your hair with shampoo, remove excess water with a towel and untangle it;
- In a container, add two measures of hydration cream of your choice and one measure of vegetable glycerin;
- Divide the hair into 4 parts and apply the mixture from the length to the ends;
- Let it act for 10 minutes and rinse well;
- Finish as you prefer.
In addition to this simple recipe, there are other forms of hydration that can further enhance the results. See below!
8 ways to hydrate with glycerin
For you who love a homemade hydration recipe, we have separated videos that show how to make them, combining glycerin with other powerful ingredients for your hair. It is worth checking!
Hydration with glycerin on dry days
The use of glycerin is best indicated on wetter days, however, according to vlogueira Tatiana Lobo, this recipe can be used on drier days and does not cause the hair to dry out. Watch the video!
Hydration with glycerin in curly hair
We know that glycerin has the power to stimulate the definition of curls and leave them well hydrated. In this video, learn how to make a recipe that will make your curls even more amazing!
Hydration with glycerin and castor oil
This recipe is simple, easy to make and very cheap. In addition to glycerin, castor oil is used, a component that helps strengthen hair and stimulate growth. See how to prepare it and see the result!
Hydration with glycerin and saline
Saline helps to close capillary cuticles and helps control frizz. Learn how to make a homemade recipe, associating this ingredient with glycerin. See the video!
Hydration with glycerin and honey
In this video, you learn how to hydrate with glycerin, honey and saline. You can use this mixture to compose the hydration step of your hair schedule. Check out!
Hydration with glycerin and cornstarch
Maizena is a cheap ingredient and usually everyone has it at home. Find out how to make a powerful hydration by adding glycerin and your favorite hydration mask. The video is worth watching!
Hydration with glycerin and sugar
For those who don’t know, sugar is rich in important nutrients for hair health. When combined with glycerin, this mixture provides soft, healthy and hydrated hair. Follow, in the video, an incredible recipe with these two ingredients.
Hydration with glycerin on straight hair
Hair with a smoother texture also suffers from dryness and porosity. Therefore, it is important to moisturize them to maintain the shine and softness of the strands. See how to make a simple and effective hydration!
If you love to take care of your hair and see it silky and healthy, be sure to check the benefits that moisturizing with coffee provides to the hair.
👩 sharing is multiplying ! 👩